Pages

Friday, October 17, 2008

I made a yummy roast with veggies the other day (huge shock for everyone who knows me and my deplorable lack of cooking skills). It was a good way to use up the last of the carrots from the garden that didn't get canned. I didn't get a chance to take a picture because my parents dropped by just as it was finishing...hmmm, what are the odds?

I wish there was a course available to learn how to cook real foods in a flavorful way. Not the sort of dishes in cookbooks where ingredients are shipped in from around the world and have to be hunted for in the store. I read about Stonehead http://stonehead.wordpress.com/ cooking every meal from food he's raised or grown himself and those meals are colorful, varied, and interesting. His family certainly isn't suffering with boring, cooking-rut menus which is all I'd manage in those circumstances.

I never watch cooking shows, but I love cleaning shows like How Clean Is Your House and Clean House. My house is certainly not antiseptic and sterile (not likely with all these pets!) but I can't relax and feel comfortable if it's cluttered. Tonight I'll be curling up in a clean living room to watch Life. Now, what to do about dinner...

No comments: