Pages

Friday, December 26, 2008

After Christmas

Will I ever learn to keep my guard up? FYI: you don't have to bother making me look like an idiot. I do that just fine all by myself.

So, back to the stuff I can deal with; Gurney's Seeds is having a decent sale and I got out my list and the catalog to do a bit of shopping for spring. I had quite a few already but this gives me a chance to round out my options for the big garden. I used a jar of carrots with the roast I made a few days ago. So satisfying to use my own food. I wish we had more options to buy locally. The farmer's market only runs for three months of the year. There really isn't any other choice but to preserve food myself. I would love to find a source for milk and meat.

Otherwise it's been an uneventful day. We made chocolate chip cookies and that's about as ambitious as we got. I hope everyone out there enjoyed their holidays.

No comments: