Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve day

Brrr as usual. It's heading for a balmy 1 degree (-17 C) today but at least the sun is shining and the wind has died down. The delivery man just dropped an FTD box off at my back door. My first thought was 'Roses! Wow!'. It's just as well it wasn't since those trucks aren't heated and it would have been sad to unwrap dead roses. My friend/work contact Sheilah sent a pretty bouquet of mums and carnations to say Merry Christmas and thank me for all the work I send her way. I hope they're cold-hardy enough to revive from the trip but even if they don't it was a sweet gesture. I do envy Sheilah a bit on days like these. Living in California and vacationing in Mexico sounds like a good idea from here.

Last night Michael and Carrie treated me to a delicious meal at Minerva's. It was one of those funny coincidences that we were seated at the table right next to a co-worker and his wife celebrating their 39th anniversary. A lovely evening with good friends that helped me forget for awhile the $900+ I had spent getting my car repaired. Waaahhh!!! My loaner car was a 2009 VW Passat; nice smooth ride but a bit light-weight and tended to be pushed around by the wind. I still love my car.

I'm going outside now to clean the snow off my solar panel. Time to bundle up!

No comments: