Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

down it came

Last night I heard an odd tinkling noise; figuring the cats were up to something I wandered thru the house and found the kitchen light fixture at shoulder height. These older houses can be a challenge to keep up with and it feels like I've spent most of the day going up and down the ladder. The hardest part for me was holding the weight of the light up to the ceiling while I reattached it. I'm not a strong person!
It's back where it belongs again. Notice the cleverly disguised CFL lights. I've become a fiend for saving electricity. Since I can't afford the solar panels and wind turbine I'd like, I've put my efforts into cutting back usage with excellent results. We now use HALF what we did before!
Now if only we could cut what we eat in half too....

No comments: