Pages

Saturday, January 8, 2011

Shortages?

Or 'just in time' delivery gone awry? I had a shopping list when I stopped at Walmart early this week but was only able to find some of the items. It's a weird feeling to stand in front of a section of shelves that are completely empty; how does a store not have boxes of tissues in mid-winter? I have enough in my preps, but would like to replenish my stock after the colds we had.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store; it was only the second day of this week's sale, yet some items were sold out already. Other, non-sale stock was also missing...no bananas!!!!

Combined with the rising prices, all those empty spaces gave me an eerie feeling that a conspiracy nut was about to leap out shouting 'The end is nigh!'

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I went into a NEXT store a few days ago - sale items gone - so what about new stock? Nothing!
Happy New Year!

Tanya. said...

I think people impulse buy because of sales...or think 'Oh my god the prices are going up, I need to rush out and buy lots of stuff before that happens!'

I don't think sales are really a good thing, I mean if they can keep slashing prices by 75% for a while and then put them up full whack again why can't they just be logical and cut the prices by 25% all the time. This would stop people impulse buying out of worry rather than necessity and then we would probably cut down on a whole lot of waste too.

I have to say that i don't impulse or 'sale' buy. I hate shopping of any kind so what some people find a pleasure I find a serious chore so do purely because i have to.