Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Nice weekend

Nothing exciting to report; more snow today and my son is home for spring break so we're taking it easy. I did exercise this morning (Sunday, better note that since it's after midnight) and made a Slimming World recipe for spaghetti which turned out nice. My son came out to tell me the smell of cooking garlic was making him hungry again (this is after he ate an entire pizza).

I've been thinking about why this feels like the right time to get healthy. My finances are in order and no longer take extra thought or stress. My preps are as well done as is feasible within my budget so there's no benefit in stressing over that either. My health is really the next logical problem area to tackle. In fact, now is probably the perfect time before my weight has caused any health issues. That I don't have diabetes or high blood pressure or joint pain is almost miraculous so why take the chance anymore?

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

I think it is always good to try and keep yourself healthy..the trick is not to become obsessed with it. Enjoy your exercise time and if you really don't feel like it one day then give it a miss...if it starts to become a chore then although it may help you lose wait it will make you unhappy. Everything can be balanced so that you can become fit and healthy but also stay happy throughout!!