Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Blustery!

We've had a drizzly sort of day making the paths slick and treacherous. I'm careful to walk in the snow alongside the path to avoid a painful tumble. The wind is blowing noisily through the tops of the trees; there's something almost mournful in the sound, as if winter is lamenting the coming of spring. It won't give up too easily, we are forecast to have snow tonight and tomorrow.

While I don't have loads of energy yet, I did find enough to begin a project that I've wanted to do for a long time - cleaning the library. Even making some progress felt good.

I checked the propane tank and it's still over 70% full. Not one delivery this winter! I love the wood stove. I was regretting not having written down when I bought firewood since I always paid cash and didn't have a tally for the winter. Using my savvy detective skills, I looked up every time the wood guy's phone number showed up on my records and discovered that we bought wood six times. The total came to roughly half what I would have spent on propane (or a third of the amount from the years when I wasn't so frugal with the thermostat). Nice as that is, I'm still ready for spring.

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

Glad your wood stove is proving a good money saving move for you. I think we are all ready for winter to move over and let spring start in earnest.