Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

Urgh

I'm wiped out completely. My body is almost twitching in exhaustion. Why? Because today was the last expected nice day for weather and it fell on a weekend! Mostly I've been hauling, cutting and restacking firewood. I seem to be obsessed this year. I use an electric chainsaw to cut too long pieces in half because I'm scared of the motor chainsaw, but ouch! is that ever hard on my back.

I finally planted my big grapevine in the polytunnel and closed it back up again. I really wish I had been able to get my hands on some straw bales to put around the tunnel for the winter, but no luck. I also gleaned corn out of a field at my parent's farm. I would have liked to get more but ran out of time. A couple windows got covered in plastic; I could do more tonight if only I had more energy!

No comments: