Pages

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Dropping

Saturday evening and the temp is at 0F (-17C). The wind chill is much colder, but this is the last time we will see 0 until Tuesday. The next two days are going to be brutal with cold and wind. I've hauled in extra wood and kindling so I can make fewer trips outside and hung a second light in the coop. It's not much, but is the only source of heat they have besides each other. If the extended forecast is right, things should be much better by next weekend.

I tromped out to the propane tank today to check the level. Amazing that it's still over half full and this is the second winter using just one tank. I noticed that the delivery man doesn't even check mine anymore when he fills the neighbors. I have used the furnace a lot more this winter because it's much colder.

Yawn! I would love to go to bed now, but there is a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread in the bread machine.

No comments: