Pages

Friday, June 29, 2018

Post Rain

The weather has defeated me and I installed my air conditioner today. As I instinctively squatted to pick it up, my knee protested and I realized I should have asked for help before my son left for work.

My massive strawberry harvest....hahaha.


Garden is flourishing from our recent rains.


Will be eating good this weekend!


I'm trying to train cucumbers over this arch. Not sure why there are spots on the leaves.



Golden raspberries turned out to be quite aggressive once they got established.

My mulberry trees are gifts from the birds. This is the oldest and the fruits are good sized and abundant enough the birds can't keep up.



I'll do another post soon talking about flowers, but now I'm off to work.

5 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Oooh, everything looks so lush and green! Your cucumbers are WAY ahead of mine . . . mine that are even in a cold frame! Is that broccoli or cauliflower in the one picture? I can't tell for sure. Nothing showing on my cauliflower yet but I have small heads, maybe 2" across, on some of the broccoli plants. Don't you just love it when the garden starts producing yummy food?

tpals said...

It's broccoli; I picked up a 4-pack at work and it took off nicely. Seems odd because what I usually plant is tall and dark green.

I think it's going to be a bumper year for cucumbers.

Susan said...

Your garden looks abundant, all right! I love the cukes over the trellis - I always miss some and they grow to baseball bat size.

Leigh said...

Garden looks great! And your strawberry harvest looks about like mine did. :) But I lost most of my strawberry plants during the horrifically hot drought of 2016. Mulberry trees are a nice gift! I planted three several years ago and still have two, but both are still small. One produced about six berries this year! But the birds got to them before I could.

tpals said...

Susan, at least the chickens love those bat-sized cucs. Lol

Leigh, I let the volunteer mulberries grow in the chicken pen. It's so fun watching the hens jump to pick the berries. Between those and the two in my yard there are more berries than the birds can keep up with, which saves some of my others.