Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

This and that

There was a brief window of 20% chance of rain this morning...so, what's it doing right now? Raining. It's hard to complain after weeks of dry heat. Who knows if we will get another stretch like that?

I served a man in his 90s yesterday; a WWII vet. Delightful chat, wish I could have visited with him for much longer.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning. NOT enough sleep, but a disturbing enough dream to make me unwilling to stay in bed. I think a nap is in my future!

Slight improvement in my knee which makes me hopeful that I only sprained my lateral ligament instead of tearing it. I will be taking it very cautiously until it's completely better.

4 comments:

Susan said...

Heck, we could have had coffee and a chat this morning! Please do be careful with your knee - our joints are very precious in this lifestyle... We are supposed to have rain overnight, which would be welcome. Then very hot, humid weather over the weekend. Which would NOT be very welcome by me.

Rain said...

Oh gosh, I hope your knee improves. I've had knee issues since 2007 (separated in a ski accident) and it's the worst. And takes FOREVER it seems to heal! Can I suggest something? Just because it helped me so much. Do quadriceps exercises...it takes the pressure off the knees. It's as easy and sitting on a mat and lifting your leg up and down slowly, or sitting on a chair and slowly lifting your lower leg up and down. It helps.

We should be getting some rain tomorrow so it's blog catch up day for me! And (ick) housecleaning...I don't know the meaning of the word vacuum from May through to November usually!

tpals said...

I will try the quads exercise. My son pointed out that I might as well lift weights since I can't ride my bike. Lol

Mama Pea said...

My dad was a World War II vet also. He's been gone many years now, but I wish over and over that even though he did not readily talk about the years he served, I should have pressed him to tell me more. It was a big part of his life and we, the younger generation, need to know more about what went on.

It wasn't a disturbing dream that woke me this morning, but rather my deep sleep snoring. I'm so conscious of doing it (because it wakes my husband) that it actually wakes me up! My mom and dad slept in separate bedrooms because they BOTH snored, and I don't want that to happen to us! (Oh, the trials we do face, eh?)

Rain's suggestions for helping your knee sound like a good idea. Just be sure to give it enough rest so it can heal!