Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

A day in the life

Sometimes my day doesn't get really busy until the evening. Last night was a good example. I don't get home from work until 6 p.m. A quick change out of the work clothes, feed the guinea pigs (gps), throw a couple hotdogs on the grill and head out to the garden. I picked the climbing beans, then the second crop from the bush beans, a quick meal and went back outside to clean out the dogs wading pool and enjoy a nice chat and cuddle with them while it refilled. Off to the farm where I collected the eggs, reassuring the turkey that he doesn't look THAT bad due to his moulting, inside to check on the cat and show her she is still loved, then back out to harvest my mom's beans. Unfortunately, even with the rain the night before they had gotten too dry and were limp and soft. I took them back home to give to the gps. Downstairs to start a load of laundry, realizing it's too late to start a loaf of bread plan on eggs for breakfast, fill the gps hay racks, online to solve the tanga puzzles, back downstairs to hang up the laundry, decide I'm too tired to write this post and off to bed!



About the beans: I was thinking the climbing beans were a disappointment because they took so long to produce but I've changed my mind. These are so easy to pick (no bending over) and don't get dirty when it rains; I'm going to plant more next year.

4 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Phew! Made me tired just reading this!
Have a good weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that we have climbing beans in uk..I'm intrigued...could you post a pic of the whole plant?? Maybe they are what we refer to as runner beans but I think they look a little different

tpals said...

I'll take some pictures tonight. :)

Anonymous said...

thanks...will keep looking for them!!