Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Personal goals

A year ago I got serious about taking control of my finances, made a budget and a lot of changes in our lifestyle. I'm almost half way to paying off all my consumer debt now; that's like a decade of bad financial choices cleared away! I've learned that when something is really important I can do it.

Which brings me to the reason for this post: I want to improve my physical condition; in short, get fit. This past week I worked out five times so that's the benchmark to aim for going forward. What's startling is how much better I feel already; going up the stairs is easier and my body moves a bit more freely simply by waking up the muscles. Food is another issue. I've always been an emotional/comfort eater which is why I'm back up to my high weight. This time I'm going to concentrate on treating food as a fuel and work on making healthy choices. I'll track my intake on livestrong.com. The emphasis is going to be nutrition, not weight loss which will be a new direction.

Updates to follow.

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Yep! me too! All this food experimenting means I too have to think about my weight....there is so much to think about! lol!

Todd Hurley said...

Eating to live, instead of living to eat is difficult. After reading many posts on your blog, I think you will be very successful. Remember, that you will have bad days. Working out makes them less amplified and easier to get over. I like your blog, keep up the great work!

allotments4you said...

Good luck with the weight loss/fitness programme. Why don't you try giving yourself a treat when you've had a really good workout instead of cutting out the 'bad' stuff all together...it's nice to treat yourself and anything is good for you in moderation.

Have you tried yoga?? I find this is a great workout, yet uplifting for the mind too!!