Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Envy

Normally I don't mind how I look. I'd like to lose weight, but more for ease of doing things than for appearance. I don't read fashion magazines, buy the latest trends, fuss over my hair or makeup...none of that is important in my life.

Today, though, I felt a twinge of envy. I saw a woman with style and glamour (the timeless Jackie O type). This wasn't a case of common young beauty that fades in a few years; she was already past that stage. Nor was it the carefully constructed and maintained beauty that can be bought in the best salons and doctors' offices. This was that rare gift of genetics that will mature and refine her features as she ages gracefully.

Ok, I've got that out of my system! :)

3 comments:

allotments4you.com said...

I'm not one for make-up and hours over appearances either...there have been occasions that I have come across this rare natural beauty that I know what you are talking about but I am not envious of it...we are who we are and I am perfectly happy with me!!!

mrsnesbitt said...

You didn't wave to me! lol!

tpals said...

Lol.