Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

This and that

I like dogs...but not so much when one wakes me at 1:00 a.m. to go out.

My dad shot a skunk in the barn last week. It had been eating eggs...and had a really shiny coat. ;)

Today he spotted something that could have been a mink or weasel. Whatever it was moved fast and had all the chickens milling around outside in a fuss. The turkey and one of the hens were on top of the car. The predator had killed an older hen. Hopefully they can get rid of it before it gets any others.

I had my yearly (except I skipped last year) examination a couple weeks ago. Hooray for a clean bill of health. I've had to have pre-cancerous cells surgically removed before so this result was a relief.

I finally talked to my neighbor about stocking up on food and cotton goods before the price gets out of hand. With three small children I knew they might not be keeping up with the news.

My budget took a hit this week when I had to replace my son's winter coat. I went for quality because I remember what that campus is like when you're hiking all over between classes - bitterly cold.

Speaking of cold, I've had my thermostat set at about 62 F which doesn't feel too bad except on these damp days. Shiver!

No comments: