Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

How do they do it?

I'm referring to those amazing gardens and allotments that are flourishing and weed-free. To be honest, I am struggling yet again attempting to keep up with the weeds and since the potato flattening there isn't any part of my garden that is thriving this year.

This morning I weeded out the polytunnel and confirmed that the romaine and parsley never came up. I had to dust the broccoli because the white hairy caterpillars were shredding them. It's a shame I don't have hens here because those would have made a nice treat!

It's day four of our awful heat wave. Hot and humid - I just hope the power stays on.

2 comments:

Judy T said...

I hear you! I'm having trouble keeping up with the weeds as well. And now, the heat is oppressive! ACK!
Hang in there.
Judy

Tanya. said...

The only way I think they can possibly do it is if they have no other commitments and a messy house.....I know i would have an extremely messy house and not be able to attend to work or my family to have a weed free allotment plot and garden!!

Even with the best laid schedule it's impossible to stay on top of the weeds if you are going organic!!