Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2012

The home guard

The new wood stove has full feline approval. This is now their favorite room and has even resulted in some temporary truces between warring factions.



Only Trigger was mad enough to try resting on the top and soon decided that wasn't the best place after all.
Recently there was a show called Doomsday Preppers on tv. I didn't see it but it was described to me at work. One part in particular struck me as especially stupid: a woman was explaining how her boyfriend said the cat would serve no useful purpose at the end of the world (unlike his dogs) so they would have to kill it. Obviously this idiot has never had to depend on growing his own food and storing grains for livestock. Even my pampered pets keep the house rodent free and hunt moles and mice in the yard and garden.

This reminded me of an incident in the Little House on the Prairie books when Pa woke to find part of his hair was chewed off by mice for nesting material. He promptly went out and bought a kitten.

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

Lol on the house of prairie comment...i used to love that show when I was younger.

Your cats are beautiful....Did I count four?? I used to have a number like this until modern technology took a couple away from me.

I agree with you on the 'cats being needed' thing...plus cats will also give you presents for being good to them at times and that could be very useful too!!

Dogs do have their place...but so does every other earth dwelling creature, well except maybe for wasps...i still don't get what they do in the grans scheme of things?!?!?!