Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Farm update

My parents' farm is only four miles away so they're dealing with the same hot, dry weather pattern. You can see the grass looks very dry and the lettuce is bolting. The peas are far ahead of mine with pods already developed.





Apple trees are holding a good crop so far.
 Flowers still add that incredible pop of color. I couldn't resist taking these pictures.




And I can't pass up the chicks!

The unflappable Zen Chicky.

All black chickens are called Ninja here...crossing my fingers it's a hen.

I love the coloring of this young roo. Check out the tail feathers.
At 4:00 a.m. my mother got up to check on things and spotted a raccoon inside the chicken pen. My dad shot it and the chicks are saved!

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

Glad they got to that raccoon in time. I must say your gardens are looking a lot healthier than mine this year.