Pages

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Hard labor to hot showers

I've been working on my dual projects of splitting the walnut trees I had cut down last year and expanding the chicken run. That meant that today I used the grass trimmer to make room for another pallet in the area where I'm stacking the split wood to dry, used the wood splitter to work my way through all the pieces stacked up where the chickens will be, and used the garden cart to shift the finished product from one place to the other.

I'm not used to so much physical labor and, while I got a lot done, it was a dirty, sweaty job which brings me to the other point of today's post. After a day like this, there is nothing that feels so good as getting thoroughly clean. Hot showers may be the pinnacle of civilization for me. :)

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

I'm more of a bath person myself...nothing like sinking into a hot luxurious lavender bath after a hard day at the allotment!!