Pages

Monday, April 27, 2009

Figuring it out

I would have been a lousy cop's wife. Maybe engineers just don't do well with cops or maybe it's all my temperament. I'm not passionate about my work. I can enjoy it and basically walk away from the office at the end of most days without a second thought. So why did I think I could adjust to a man who lives and breathes his job? I couldn't. When he got caught up in the work and I didn't hear from him for weeks I would get anxious and upset. Even knowing how much that work meant to him, I resented being at the bottom of his priorities. What would have happened if we were living together? Would he simply not come home for weeks without warning? Or be there and not notice me? Either would have crushed me. Instead, we both know, I would have been a lousy cop's wife.

No comments: