Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Progress

I'm finally starting to see some results in the garden. The potatoes are up and looking strong. Beets and some of the peas have sprouted. There is still loads of work to do. I haven't even begun on the small garden because my neighbor is going to cut down the tree that is next to and overshadowing it. It's also hot and humid so I'm working in short spans.

I knew going in that I wouldn't have much of a weight loss this week. I never do following a big loss the previous week but it's still disappointing to see 0.4 lb less. Especially when there are some on the forum who pull big numbers every week. I don't know how they do it.

In a slight lull between projects at work I took two days off to recharge. I feel much better already. Yesterday, when the weather was even hotter and threatening rain we went to catch a couple matinees of movies we've been wanting to see - Kung Fu Panda 2 and Thor. KFP2 was even better than the original and recommended for kids of all ages. Thor was also a winner especially when it could have gone all wrong. Surprisingly, an actor chosen for his looks was also a very good actor! And a visual delight. :) It was also nice to be spared what seems to be obligatory female semi-nudity. That's right, she kept her clothes on and it didn't detract from her role in the movie...shocking! All in all, two thumbs up with the bonus of cheap tickets because of each being the first showing that day.

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

I don't seem to get to the movies much or even know what is out....being a uk resident I think you get the movies earlier than us anyway but I have seen the first KFP so will definitely keep an eye out for the next....as for Thor...think I would have to find out what it's about first!!