Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

The buying local dilemma

This picture shows the current fresh produce in my house other than some lettuce and carrots still in the fridge. I'm following the Slimming World plan which is heavily slanted towards lots of fruit and veg. And it works - I've lost two stone and feel great. The problem? Out of everything shown the only things that can be grown locally in this season are the strawberries. The grapes and bananas are never grown here. Everything else is at least a month away.

I may believe in going green and local but I'm not living it.

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

There are ways of eating healthy and in season....after all we managed it years ago without a problem...we are just too spoilt now I guess so we buy things because we can...i think it does make them less tasty than when you could only buy them in season though as you don't appreciate them as much!