Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Contentment

Our cats teach contentment with life:


A truce is called so all could bask in the evening fire.


And when adventure calls, Trigger is the first to volunteer.


This week I finally caught a breather from work and quickly opted to take a few days off. It's been lovely to stay home and center myself again.

I got to meet the newest addition to the family: my niece's first baby - so small and perfect! Somehow it felt right that he was born in the spring when the pastures are full of new lambs and calves.

I haven't done much in the garden yet; we are forecast to drop below freezing next week. I did move the garlic volunteers into the polytunnel and talked to the neighbor about tilling.

Otherwise I've been relaxing, tidying and taking stock of things. Like the cats, I'm very happy to be here.

2 comments:

Tanya. said...

So glad you have a perfect new edition to the family. Hope you weather soon improves so you can start to enjoy the garden again!

Tanya. said...

Oh and I forgot to say how gorgeous your cats are..we are down to two and when I see so many together it makes me a little sad to remember those we have lost.