Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2009

And it's all gone....brown

My world has been painted over in all the varying shades of brown lately. From the deep, rich black-brown of disced fields to the palest beiges of ripened corn stalks, brown is the predominant color. Although I miss the vibrant greens of spring and summer, I'm grateful we haven't swung straight into glaring whites. The sad part is that we seem to have skipped right over the wondrous array of fall foliage. Somehow, the trees went from green to dead brown or bare branches without the normal displays of golds, oranges, yellows, and reds.

2 comments:

Thomas Greenwalt said...

That happened to most of the trees here too. I'm blaming it on the very dry summer.

Anonymous said...

oh how sad...we had a late autumn this year but with such wondrous colours...I hope you have a more spectacular autumn next year.