Pages

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Wot? No spring!

Apparently we've skipped an entire season and gone straight to summer. Yes another day of record temps (80s) and loads of sunshine. It's hard to fight the urge to plant outside especially now that the rhubarb is up but I remind myself that we could have more snowstorms easily.

I have begun the clearing up the dead sticks and branches from the yard making good use of the garden cart I bought last week. I also made a trip to the dollar store where I picked up stocking hats from the clearance bins and a number of small useful items. I suspect the continued increases in gas prices will trigger yet another surge in the cost of everything in the stores (and the corresponding shrinkage of package sizes).

On a more positive note: I've popped a dozen eggs that hadn't been refrigerated into the incubator so in about three weeks we'll find out if Frodo is doing his roosterly duties. :)

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

We too are having some nice days...though I think there is a definite spring-like quality to them. None the less it is getting everyone outside and lifted peoples spirits with that sunshine.