Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Great weekend

Sometimes a weekend happens where nearly everything goes well. After a day of splitting wood and weeding the garden, the neighbors were having a party. I wandered in the opposite direction to get away from the noise and ended up at another neighbor's house for a visit. After catching up on all the news, he mentioned an anvil he was willing to sell and we went out to look at it. Easily twice as big as my son's other anvils, this is it:



This is the first one he got from my parents and cleaned up:



The wood pile we've been working on:

Making good progress:

The garden still seems stunted for the end of June. The potatoes have just begun to blossom and are the only thing really looking strong.

Other good news: my son had a job interview today. It will be a couple weeks before he hears more, but is hopeful.

3 comments:

Tanya. said...

That certainly is a big wood pile. So did you buy the anvil??

Fingers crossed for your sons job prospects!!

Glad you had a good weekend.

Oh and I love the new look of the blog!!

mrsnesbitt said...

Ahh a wood pile! Hubby uses a tree trunk as an anvil when he chops wood.

tpals said...

My son wanted to go get it that night but I made him wait til the next day. Lol. Yes, he bought it.

Thanks!