Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Special delivery?

Nope, just Loki taking advantage of a cardboard box.


We're firmly in the grasp of a blistering heat wave. It makes for a very long 12 hour shift for my son and not much fun for the rest of us either. The forecast offers no relief for the next week. Saturday I mowed the lawn first; then, foolishly thinking I could take it, split wood. That finished me off for the day.  Today I had no choice but to water the garden, then chose to work inside and canned 12 quarts of dill pickles. These will go down to the basement to mature.


Unfortunately, my window air conditioner has trouble keeping up with the heat and my turning the kitchen into a pickle sauna didn't help! I'm definitely tired tonight.

2 comments:

Sue Garrett said...

Belated happy birthady and hope you manage to cool down a bit

Tanya. said...

I hope that heat has now passed and you are cooling off. We are cooling very rapidly in the Uk...not looking forward to winter!! :-(