Pages

Friday, November 29, 2013

Hurrah! The molt is over!

After weeks of 1 egg every other day, we just had four days of 3 eggs each and today...5 eggs! I never was able to catch the opossum that killed two hens though once it tripped the live trap. I've been diligent in locking the coop down after dark and all are doing well.

On a personal note: during this week famous for excesses of food and drink I've been living on diet 7-up, crackers and chicken noodle soup. It's been a rough time and though I'm still a bit weak and feeble, the stomach is finally settling. I noticed that comprehension was badly affected; either due to the fever or messed up blood sugars. Curiously, even my sense of smell was dampened. Anyway, if you hear of anybody out with illness - stay far away!

A dishwasher would be nice...but not enough to give up the cabinet space for. Maybe I'll wash them tomorrow.

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

Glad you are on the mend and that the chickens have started laying again...now for that dishwasher!!!!