Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Ding Dong, the witch is dead!

Or perhaps it's a case of the criminal returning to the scene of the crime. When I went out to get the eggs, I found the opossum inside the coop and all the chickens outside. I quick closed it up and called for help. Since my son is at work I started calling around and my retired neighbor agreed to come down with his .22. Within a few minutes he had thrown the body over the fence into his pasture. It was big! I can see how it could easily kill poor Duchess and Princess. So, the chickens are safer and justice is done.

Why didn't I shoot it myself? I've never shot anything alive before and the idea makes me nervous. Someday I may have to, but not today.

2 comments:

Compostwoman said...

Glad it is not alive anymore to kill your chickens!

Tanya. said...

Glad you got that pest sorted out...hopefully now your chickens can rest easy!!