Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Recovering

My son came home from work Thursday with a high fever, sore throat and cough. Hello, influenza. That night I started throwing up. What are the odds we both get sick with completely different ailments? Happily, he has a strong immune system and is down to a nagging cough now. I'm feeling better too.

My wall of wood in the porch certainly came in handy yesterday. I was too weak to haul any in from the shed, but sickness and bad weather are the reasons I stacked it there, so Yay.

Chickens are still laying like mad: 16 eggs yesterday and 18 today! So proud. :)

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

WOW! Well done your hens - ours are not laying regularly - one of them is but I am not sure exactly who. A friend of mine has just got some chickens and has installed a camera! I want one! She can watch her hens movements and see when and who is laying eggs.

Mama Pea said...

Same germ, just affected each of you differently? At any rate, you and your son both must have been a little rundown to have succumbed to something. Push those vitamins/supplements for a while! Gotta stay strong, otherwise who will replenish the wood supply on the porch?? Hope you're both feeling much better now.