Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Weekly weigh-in

I did my weigh in on Saturday and recorded a 2.6 lb loss which is in a range I'm very pleased with. Now to put the scale away for another week.

In one way this is easy for me because I'm so big I can burn a lot of calories doing moderate exercise. Eventually that will change and I'll have to work harder to lose smaller amounts. In my mind that falls in with the worry some people have about loose skin. I don't care about that because it will be an issue I'll have by becoming healthier and taking care of myself. If I have to trade taking blood pressure pills and metformin for excess skin, I know which I'm choosing.

I went for a walk this afternoon. A bit brisk at just above freezing and my feet are complaining about the abnormal exercise, but I did it!

I have a slogan hanging up in my office: "A year from now you will wish you had started today."

No comments: