Pages

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Exercise!

This is my main source of exercise:


Contrary to popular stereotypes, the only clothes that get draped on it are what I'm wearing for the next workout.

This is my new toy:


I've only got to use it a couple times when we had unusually warm weather, but I hope to put a lot of miles on this summer.

I have an old treadmill in the basement that I walk/jog on sometimes. Honestly, I don't really enjoy it. I'd rather walk outside where I can see everything and jogging is no fun at all. Example: I hit the stage of jogging where my lungs burned and ended up coughing for the rest of the morning. Yuck.

So, given that exercise is not needed to lose weight, why do I do it? Because I want to be healthy! Last week my doctor gave me permission to stop taking blood pressure medication. That alone makes me happier than all the pounds lost so far.

No comments: