Pages

Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Yep, still hot and dry

 Sunday I decided to treat myself and went to town to buy a Subway (never as much a treat as hoped for, but edible). While there I spotted a clearance sign painted on the side of a plant polytunnel and called mom to ask if she would like to check in out the next day. Sadly, she was down with a headache so we waited until Tuesday to return to town. I suspect we would have found the same thing on Monday; an empty lot. A quick drive to the other independent plant sale; also gone.

We ended up stopping at Lewis for a few annuals. They had some lovely perennials but not on sale. Mom didn't get much because in her words "I don't want more things to water." I've been watering in the evening when the heat eases up.

Out of curiosity I looked up the average temps for us in June and this year we are about 20 degrees warmer. You know it's bad when even the mosquitoes don't bother breeding.

No comments: