Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2022

Stacking deep

A winter storm is forecast for tonight and tomorrow. Weatherman is guesstimating 6" of snow for my location; which means we get a dusting or dumped on. Either way I've been hauling in firewood so there is one less thing to think about. Inside stacks are full now but I might go for one more load that will stay in the bags until needed.

I went to the grain elevator this morning to stock up on chicken feed. Again, I'm the only person wearing a mask. The good news was the price of feed hasn't gone up yet. It's just a matter of time before it does though.

Clouds have moved in and my head is pounding, so some type of weather system has arrived. Stay safe and warm.

1 comment:

Mama Pea said...

Yep, we loaded up our stacks/racks of wood last night. Only got down to -10° this morning and no snow until Sunday. Stocking up on chicken feed asap is a good idea, too. I can't believe how the price of most everything has gone up so much. But my husband keeps reminding me that it's more that the value of our dollar has gone down, down, down. Not that there's much we can do about it, is there. Stay warm and appreciative and cheerful. It's about all we can do.