Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Garden Guilts

Does your garden/plot ever guilt-trip you? Normally at this time of year I'd be keeping on top of the weeds and well organized. It usually doesn't get crazy on me until harvesting and canning.

This year isn't going at all to plan! It seems like the only days the weather cooperates are those I have to spend at work. I haven't even kept up with the hoeing...hangs head in shame.

Today I regained a little of my garden equilibrium by spending two hours weeding the onions and carrots. It feels really, really good.

2 comments:

Tanya. said...

I feel constant guilt about not spending enough time on the garden....but then I remind myself that if I go when I don't want to I will end up not enjoying the tasks that I need to complete so the guilt disappears as I know the garden will still love me tomorrow!!

Judy T said...

I SO understand what you mean. If it isn't rain it's oppressive heat and humidity. I'm actually wondering about mowing the section I have reserved for the pumpkin vines. I had intended to mulch it all with grass clippings but it just never happened this year.
Well, I'm off to pull some weeds before it gets too hot.
Stay cool.
Judy