Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Eeep!

Or should that be Urp? I've been sick for the last two days but went to work for a meeting and to finish a project this morning. My boss told me I look like shit (so kind, lol) and I came home, deeply regreting the banana and hoping I could make the drive without throwing up!

Something that's occured to me: often when we think about a pandemic we assume that we will hear about it on the news and make decisions from there. But, what if a family member were one of the first victims? How would that change your plans?

3 comments:

Tanya. said...

I think by the time a pandemic is issued you really aren't thinking back to the time your family member first got sick...lots of people worldwide need to get the same sickness before it is a pandemic...in the first instance it is just a person being sick so at that point there isn't a pandemic to think about.

tpals said...

Probably very true. I'm in the misery loves company mode today because I feel yucky.

AND my son offered to make dinner and I'm too sick to enjoy it.

Tanya. said...

I hope you're feeling better soon....but I'm sure the act of kindness from your son helped lift you heart if not your sickness.....it makes you realise what a good job you have done of raising your child!!