Pages

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Where are the women?

There are a lot of websites written by preppers/survivalists. Most are male, every type from camo-clad gun-nuts who are pretty far out there to armchair experts who talk alot but haven't done anything. Fortunately there are a vast range in between the extremes who are interesting and informative.

What I haven't found many of are the women. There are a few, yes, but either they're so busy that they haven't written enough for me to get to know them or they're so close-minded that I'm repulsed and felt a strong need to shower after reading their posts.

Of course, this isn't really a prep blog either. The topic is an important part of my life so gets written about often, but it is just one aspect.

I do love my gardening/farming British lady bloggers. :)

2 comments:

Tanya. said...

Glad you love your 'gardening/farming British lady bloggers' else where would i be???

I think there are less women out there as we have more restraint than most men and typically busier lives....except of course for those few that you mention which I personally would rather not get to know!!

Compostwoman said...

I "prep" but usually am far to busy actually "doing it" to write about it ( or anything, at the moment!)