Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Shades of a garden

I like to keep some of my potted plants going through the winter. There is something satisfying about having something green to care for in a frozen land.

This geranium gives a double gift by continuing to bloom and has that special odor that shouts summer! to my brain.


The rosemary in the foreground does surprisingly well in my cool basement. I love running my fingers through the aromatic stems. The pepper plants in the background probably won't do much at this temperature, but I already had them in pots so couldn't resist bringing them inside.


The cost of fresh greens is outrageous in the store so my Aerogardens are used all winter. It's not a lot, especially compared to an outside garden, but it's growing and sometimes that's enough to make it worthwhile.

3 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

Our garden is covered in thick snow right now - goodness knows what's going on under the surface.

tpals said...

Magic! It must be magic that lets everything grow again come spring after a frozen winter.

Tanya. said...

I leave m rosemary outside no matter what the weather and it always does really well.