Pages

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Super Yum

I put half the leftover roast lamb into a pie (the other half is frozen). I have to admit I prefer it this way to the roast itself, probably because I'm still adjusting to the flavor. The recipe is adapted from a Betty Crocker chicken pot pie recipe. Besides switching the meat I also used cream in place of milk.

I'm sending a slice over for my parents to try. If they learn to love lamb maybe they would be willing to raise a couple next year.

I've been looking at pressure cookers again but, ouch!, the prices on the quality pieces.

The wind has switched to the south and other parts of the state may even see temps above freezing this week! Any increase will feel great to me.

2 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I have vivid childhood memories of pressure cookers - hysterical women (nana, mum 2 aunties) and food on ceilings! Never dared venture the road myself.

Tanya. said...

Glad you liked your pie...i don't like lamb so much this way but probably as I am used to the taste and love it so much that I think it strips it of some of the flavour.

Here's hoping you get that warmer weather!!