Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

I love vacation

Sleeping in, staying up late, taking naps, staying home and loving it!

I read about a challenge recently that called for people to go a full month only eating the food already in their homes. I thought it might be worth trying for a week to start with...and tomorrow will be a week already. It's probably not fair since I've been home all week and there aren't any places around here that do delivery - no temptation.

Something I've been wanting to try my hand at is writing a story about an EMP strike, but written from a female perspective. Most out there are very masculine (guns, guns, gun fights, and a little about food). I used to really enjoy writing; unfortunately, I'm about 25 years gone to rust and it's not easy to get back into. I'll keep trying, but it will be slow and pretty rough.

I got delivery on propane for the furnace today...$500!!! It's enough to make me howl. Now the challenge is to make it last the rest of the winter. I'm hoping we're past the worst of the cold. We had wind chills in the -30s and -40s this week! My son's dog loved being inside all the time. :) I didn't enjoy walking him quite so much.

3 comments:

Judy T said...

Hmm, a month without anything but what is in your house.... We could probably do it no problem[ except for milk. The kiddos drink a lot of milk. Without a cow, we would soon be high and dry. Not the end of the world but not fun. The week challenge may be fun to try.
Stay warm and safe.
Judy

Tanya. said...

We used to have a dog and I mis her immensly but i have to say i don't miss the winter walks.

I suppose living on what is in your house for a month is OK if there are not too many of you to feed.....I wonder if in that scenario I would be able to pick off my plot?!?!

Hope the weather soon warms up for you.....here it is warm but VERY windy so you hardly notice the double figure temps...:-(

mrsnesbitt said...

Sounds a good idea! Will have to give it a go.
We have escalating fuel prices too! Considering alternatives next year - oil is astronomical