Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Too hot for me

And my lettuce is looking wilty, which is how I feel when outside. I was hoeing the small garden this morning at 6:00 a.m. and hilling up the potatoes. As you can see, I need to mow the grass, but that will have to wait until this weekend when the temps should dip back down to the 70s.


Snake! Yay!



The chickens are enjoying the expanded pen. It goes to the north edge of my property now...less to mow! The bare spot will be fenced off and seeded with wildflowers. I don't know how well they will grow under the black walnut trees, but it can't hurt to try.

Two of the four little chicks died in the last week. I suspect a cocci outbreak from the store-bought chicks, so I'm treating the entire flock to be safe. It was hard enough to lose two babies; I would be devastated to lose all of them. The 23 teenagers have settled in nicely and have developed some beautiful coloring patterns. It is fun to have a mixed breed flock.

No comments: