Pages

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Spring, trials and growth

I try to get a picture of the flowering crab apple tree every spring. I have a tendency to think spring is running late, but when I look back 3 out of the 4 years I remembered were blooming within a day or two and one year was three weeks earlier.



Gorgeous, isn't it?

I know nothing about mushrooms (and hate eating them) but still think they are fascinating to see growing in the yard.

Here is Watson the surrogate mum; all four babies alive and well.

The garage chicks have settled in nicely with the adult chickens. While still a bit skittish, they are doing better.

Life has been a bit stressful lately away from the chickens. Last week the furnace died for the final time and this week my car needed serious work. It's been repaired now so I get to return the loaner. Funnily enough, I'd rather have my ratty old car than a 2014 model.

I had a conversation with a man recently that seemed innocuous enough at the time, but left me feeling anxious and bad about everybody. I wonder if he thinks being Christian (which he mentioned) makes up for the fact that he is like poison.

On a brighter note; Robert Glenister, my favorite British actor, was in the final episode of Vera! Great series.

I mowed the lawn tonight and feel covered in dust and grit. We really need rain. The garden is picking up the pace though. Now showing: potatoes, onions, lettuce, peas, carrots, leeks and cabbages. Still more to plant this weekend.

No comments: