Pages

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Winter is really here






It could have been much worse, out west river they were dumped on with over 40 inches of snow in one day. Like every year, my initial reaction is a cry of 'I'm not ready!' Brrrr, I was literally not ready when I stepped out into my frigid porch yesterday morning and looked around for my snowboots...I actually expected to have them handy even though I haven't seen them since last winter. I unearthed the trusty boots in the basement and a new season has begun. Ugh. I don't think I've enjoyed winter since I was a kid. The bitter north wind that joined in this morning hasn't helped my attitude!




On a brighter note, I've finally got a working breadmaker! The aroma of freshly baked bread even lured the teen out of his cave (the new Gears of War 2 was holding him captive). Yum.




The work on the kitchen floor continues. Fortunately, I have Tommy ready to pitch in and keep my spot warm while I'm busy elsewhere.

No comments: