Pages

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Yeehaw!

Sunshine! A little warmth! After the bizarre weather we've had recently: freezing, then up into the 80s, then cold and wet...today was lovely.

I stopped at the farm to visit the chickens and pick up some eggs.


Recently I've been researching vacuum sealer storage things and I called my sister to ask if she had ever used one; turns out she had one in her garage and offered to send it to me! It's a cool machine and you can see I've been having fun sealing my dried beans and peas into jars.


Given that it was such a nice day and yesterday's rain had dried off I decided to try out my new reel mower. I had a double incentive for buying it: mowing without fuel is green and exercise! I've found it's a lot easier to motivate myself if the exercise serves a useful purpose which is why my walks take me to the mailbox. The mowing was definitely a workout, a little frustrating because it jammed every time it encountered a twig, but a good accomplishment.

When Raleigh came home he helped me move the polytunnel over to protect the south end of the big garden from the young black walnut tree growing there. It would probably be more productive to cut it down, but I've only got 2 immature walnuts and I can't bring myself to do that.

On a final note: as of Friday I have lost a total of 18.5 lbs!!!!!

1 comment:

Tanya. said...

So glad you are getting the benefit of some warm sun...it certainly lifts the spirits!!!

I've never seen or heard about a 'vacuum sealer storage thing'?? Maybe you could take a photo of it and how it works?!?!?!

Well done on the weight loss...that is truly amazing...especially over the winter months when we are naturally less active.....just think how much easier you are going to find it out in the garden this season!!