Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

 Days like this make me wish I had a fancy camera that would let me get a closeup of the bird feeder without scaring off the finches. They do illustrate the beautiful turn of weather that has developed. Lots of sunshine and perfect for being outside in the garden. So far I've planted potatoes, onions, peas, kale, spinach and cucumbers. As this year's experiment I planted two grape vines in the polytunnel. Speaking of which, it's reaching the end of life for the poly and has begun to shred. The frame is fine so I'm searching for a replacement cover. 


 In a fit of organizing recently, I found an old (at least a decade) needlepoint project tucked away in a closet. The design is a series of four panels each showing the same apple tree branch in a different season. I had put it away after finishing the spring panel, so now I'm working my way through summer. It's very relaxing and gives me a handy project to pick up when I need to cool off in front of the fan for a few minutes.



1 comment:

Tanya. said...

Well it sounds like you're making good use of the good weather. Hope you find a replacement cover for your poly tunnel...I would like to have one of these but don't have the room really.

The needlepoint looks lovely....very intricate. It's not something I have ever tried.