Pages

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Unfinished Projects

When I take an interest in something, I tend to go all out. So, when I began knitting, I stocked up at all the yarn sales and bought all sorts and sized of needles. Seven years ago I lost interest and it's been gathering dust since. Now that I have time, but no money, I thought I'd dig out those unfinished projects (I've found six so far!). The first thing I need to do is refresh my memory on how to knit...so where is the knitting book? No idea! I found the crocheting book - yay - but that's not where I wanted to start. I did find two books on knitting socks; which is something I never tried. I'll try again to find the knitting basics book, then I'll look online.

First, it's time to bundle up, take water to the chickens and collect the eggs. Of course, every trip outside includes stopping off at the wood shed for another load.

Editing to add: still looking for the book, but at least the search got me to dust my bedroom - very long overdue.



4 comments:

Leigh said...

I have a bunch of unfinished projects somewhere too! I've been thinking about them lately, wishing for some handwork, but finding anything would take some major excavation. :)

tpals said...

The ones I found were scattered all over. I finally found the knitting book buried on my desk. Lol

Susan said...

I love that circle of carved elephants! I am afraid that I only dust when forced to - there are certain friends (and one sister) who would notice...

tpals said...

I can almost feel the pity from my mom when she sees the state of my house.

There used to be a shop that sold the work of village craftsmen from all over the world. I loved shopping there.