Pages

Friday, May 18, 2018

Blossoms everywhere

It was a long winter, but it's definitely over now.

White lilac

Honeycrisp apple

Crab apple

Purple lilac

Chokecherry
I've taken a part-time job at a local garden center. It gets me out of the house and interacting with people. The traumatic part is transitioning from 20 years at a desk to 8 hours on my feet...ouch!

Wednesday was my first day off when it wasn't too wet to mow. Of course, nothing goes smoothly and it took a big chunk of the day getting the mower started. By then it was a bit like cutting hay, but the chickens enjoyed getting clumps of grass to scratch around in.

Haha - I just realized I haven't even put my winter coat away.

2 comments:

Susan said...

You and me, both! I think this past winter was so bad, I keep waiting for the other boot to drop. I have my winter coat, my raincoat and my windbreaker, all lined up. I am ready for anything.

Leigh said...

All those flowers are wonderful! Such a happy time of year. I grew up with lilacs but they don't grow this far south and I miss them.