Pages

Friday, November 9, 2018

Well, poo

That was a very short adjustment time for the onset of winter. There's a layer of snow on the ground and the wind chill is -11F right now. I didn't realize it was so cold while I was doing chores and thought I was just being a wimp.

The chickens were not pleased and opted to stay inside their coops. Outside the pen, my yard is a crisscrossing maze of rabbit tracks. At least I know they can't reach my fruit trees and strip the bark off.

On the positive side, this hard freeze will let the farmers get out and harvest more of the corn.

4 comments:

Rain said...

I feel like we don't have spring or autumn anymore...just summer and winter with a week or two of spring and autumn in between!

Mama Pea said...

I'm beginning to wonder what is happening? No matter where other bloggers are in the country, real winter weather seems to have hit with a bang! Our poultry is totally bamboozled and think they've been transported to another location. They do NOT like going out onto the snow-covered ground.

Susan said...

Same here. So much for the gradual onset of seasons. My flocks are seasoned veterans, except for the roosters. Their crows rather stuck in their throats as they beheld snow.

Freebirde said...

I have found out the reason for early onset winter.








It is caused by people decorating for Christmas too early!!!!