Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

My garden in March

Since Leigh posted her garden, I thought I'd show mine. For perspective, my garden beds are 3 feet tall.


But if I look at it too long I get depressed.

How about this one...can you see the solar panels?


No? Well, neither can the sun. I did use the snow rake to pull some of it off in hope that someday solar will be a thing in South Dakota again.

How about some flowers...these were mums by my driveway. The driveway I had to get towed out of and can't use now.


On a happier note: the birds are loving the seed I buy. They empty one feeder every day.



There were three blue jays hanging around also. Does anyone know the identity of the bird with the stripes on its wings? I wish I knew more about wild birds.

Finally, I found these still on my camera:



Such a nice reminder of what is to come.

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

Shhhh, everything outside is sleeping in order to be ready for warm spring time and a busy summer!

The scenery out my window looks much the same as yours. (I don't find any colorful pictures of blooms and blossoms on my camera though. Like a different world, isn't it!) ;o)

tpals said...

-40s wind chill today. It's hard to believe it will ever warm up again, Mama Pea!

Leigh said...

Okay, I had to laugh at your garden tour - sorry! But the humor in the contrast didn't escape my appreciation for how different our lives are because of where we live. You can get the last laugh in when we're wilted and dried up for our blazing summer heat. ;)

The birds with the strips on their wings look like Goldfinches. The males are only brilliant yellow in summer, duller in winter like the females and juveniles are.

Susan said...

I am with you, sister, I am with you. I look out my front window and see the barest hint of raised beds. I agree with Leigh, the birds with the striped wings are goldfinches in their winter dress. I spend a lot of time looking at other people's posts about their green gardens, just to make myself feel less hopeless. Hang in there!