Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2019

For love of

Books! One of my recommended Kindle books this morning was Time for the Stars by Heinlein. I couldn't resist taking that journey into the past and found it just as delightful as in my youth. That led me to digging around in the tucked away books of my library where I found seven of his paperbacks. Interestingly, they are all from his "Juveniles" collection. I never enjoyed his grown-up books; too dark and preachy for my taste.

The other author I pulled out was Lawrence Watt-Evans; now to find out if his work also holds up to the test of time. The books I'm putting away in disappointment are Piers Anthony's Xanth series. I remember loving those, but now they seem flat and contrived. Maybe some future generation will enjoy them again. I didn't bring out my H. Beam Pipers; those are already on my Kindle - true classics.

I forced myself to bring in more firewood, fill the bird feeders and hang up laundry before settling back down with a new, old book. See you among the stars!

4 comments:

Mama Pea said...

I have to admit I don't know any of the books/authors you mentioned. Books. There are so many wonderful books to read and new authors to discover.

Our library has a large "young adult" section of books and although I've not checked any of them out, the end caps of the shelves showing the covers of many those books always look so interesting to me. Someday when I've read all the "adult" books, I'll start on those!

Susan said...

So many books, so little time! I have a stack of books to read, but I keep knitting. Maybe I'll ease up on the knitting in the summer and can finally catch up...

Freebirde said...

A source outside of Kindle. http://www.e-reading.club/bookbyauthor.php?author=19309

Tanya. said...

That's some serious snow...I hope it soon goes away for you...the whole of the UK is currently going on about 'This time last year@ as we had snow when the beast from the East hit but it was nothing compared to that so I think right now the entire of the UK should be sympathising with you.

And least you did find some extra pisc on your camera though...now to find a printer big enough to cover your windows!!

Have you written another book yet?